Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So, I Discovered Something

I am not ready to get out and about.

After more than a week of recuperating at home, I decided that I felt pretty good. So I planned a day out on Monday to run a bunch of errands that had been accumulating on my To Do list.

Mistake.

I didn't think so at the time, but I wore myself out. Oh, sure, I was tired when I got home after 4 hours running errands, but I wasn't ready to collapse.

Then Tuesday hit. I was completely wasted all day. Even today, I still haven't recovered completely.

I have a friend in Rochester, NY, who had the surgery back in January. She said she used to do the same thing right after her surgery, and she was always wiped out for a few days afterward.

So I'm wiped out. I feel like I've run a marathon. Actually, I feel like the marathon ran me.

Needless to say, I won't be planning any more half-day excursions any time soon.

The good news? I'm down to 362 lbs today. And tomorrow I can start eating semi-real food again (soft, moist, and puréed... but hey, real food is real food!).

Last but not least, I have my two-week follow-up appointment with the doctor on Friday. I'll try to pick up the backstory narrative before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment