Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Umm... Time for Gas?

I had my six-week follow-up with the doctor's office last week. I've officially lost 24% of my excess weight. They like to see at least 20% by that point, so I'm a bit ahead of the curve.

Woo-hoo!

Also, six weeks marks the point where I begin Phase III of the diet. Phase I was liquid-only. It was... survivable. Phase II was the solid phase where I had to purée everything. It was better, but still a bit of a pain.

Phase III is the real meat of the diet plan, and it lasts until my six-month check-up. So it's the stage between "still healing" and "the rest of my life." I don't have to purée things anymore, and I can eat small quantities of vegetables and fruit. Well, I can eat non-starchy veggies and soft fruits.

In spite of that, I'm still mostly eating protein, but that's okay. I've discovered an awesome chocolate protein shake and this stuff called PB2. It's peanut butter... without all the bad stuff. I mix it with the protein powder and some skim milk to create a peanut-buttery-choco-awesome shake that contains a whopping 37g of high-quality protein (that's a lot). Even better, the whole thing is only 250 calories and 19g of carbohydrates. Win!

I'm also supposed to start exercising regularly, but I haven't yet. I don't even have a good excuse, so I won't try to come up with one. I need to start walking, at least, or school is gonna kick my butt come August 17. I also have a couple of Wii fitness games that I might break out and play. Heck, I have Dance Dance Revolution 3 for the Wii. That would get me moving too, and it's decent cardio.

I'll do something. And I'll probably enjoy it once I start. It's just the starting that's the hard part. So next time you see me, ask how my exercise is going. I don't like exercising (who does?), but I really don't like being put on the spot. So I'll work out if I know everyone is going to ask me about it. Deal?

Last but not least, I'm still losing weight at a decent pace, about a half-pound a day. I'm down to 340 lbs. Ten more pounds and I'll be able to use the Wii Fit balance board, which means I can do yoga. (Yes, I actually like yoga. It's weird.)

Anyway, that's the latest. I'll try to post more often. Right after I exercise, that is. ;-)

P.S. - The title of this post is a goofy science joke. My last post was Solid State. Since I'm now in Phase III of the diet, I thought of the three phases of matter (solid, liquid, and gas). Hence, the goofy post title. Yes, I'm a geek.

P.P.S. - This is the point where my geeky friends and family comment that there are actually four phases of matter. Sorry, folks, but I draw the line at eating plasma. Srsly.

No comments:

Post a Comment